• Standard Registration- Registration and Fees for the 2018 Special Ballroom Festival for spectators, dancers, and chaperones are due by Saturday September 22, 2018. All chaperones and dancers for this event must submit the entry form to A-Marika DS President Mary Ramirez Cook by September 8, 2018.
• All attendees of the Special Ballroom Festival do so at their own risk and expressly and irrevocably waive any claim or claims against A-Marika DS or Sharonville Convention Center from any loss, personal injury, death or damage associated with this event. No responsibility for loss or theft of articles at the event can be accepted by the organizer.
• Material for Free Styles used for the competition will be based on a step list approved and provided by A-Marika DS. American Style Free Styles are as follows: Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Rumba, Cha cha, Salsa and Swing. There will be only be one level danced and no age groups apply.
• Each special needs competitor will be dancing with a registered chaperone.
• Heats will be danced in a 1st Round, Quarter Final, Semi-Final, and Final Round for each style.
• Solo exhibitions will be a part of the event, but will not be judged.
• Music for the Free Style heats will be for 1 minute 30 seconds and will be strict tempo for American Style dances. Music for exhibitions is not to exceed 3 minutes and a CD with only the edited track must be provided.
• There are no refunds for general admission tickets. Tickets purchased on the day of the event are cash only.
• Open seating is available in the ballroom.
• No food and/or drinks are allowed in the ballroom area.
• Chaperones will be assigned a dancer(s) the day of the event.
• Event will be in the Northern Lights Ballroom A.
• awards will be presentated throughout the day.
• If you would like to be a sponsor, please contact A-Marika DS President Mary Ramirez Cook at 513-769-0409.